About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Upcoming work in Haiti - May 2011

I'll be in Haiti for the first part of May. The focus will be on 10 Haitian school principals who are involved in a Masters of Education program.  They have all completed research as part of their culminating project and will spend the week writing the chapters.  I will be doing 2-3 workshops each day on different aspects of writing.  I have developed a workbook to guide the week which is currently being translated into French.  It will serve as a resource for future M.Ed. research methods courses in Haiti.

I am delighted that my oldest daughter, Emily, will be joining me for this trip.  Her focus will be on video-taping each of the workshops.  She will then edit the videos and prepare them for posting to a resource web-site where other principals can access them.  She will also be putting together a short promotional video to highlight the kind of work I have been doing in Haiti.  Lastly, she will be responsible for updating this blog so stay tuned!

No comments: