About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Congress 2013 - Victoria BC - Mobile Mentoring Presentation

I presented on the Digital Mentoring Project at the Comparative and International Education Society of Canada (CIESC) annual conference in Victoria, BC earlier this week. The presentation was based on a paper that Gaetane Jean-Marie (University of Oklahoma) and I did for the American Educational Research Association (San Fransisco) in April and which will appear later this year in an educational leadership journal.

The Canadian and International Education Journal coming out next week will also include an article I wrote regarding global perspective building for teachers. I'll post more info on both journal articles when they come out.

CIESC is part of the Congress of Humanities and Social Science annual meeting which brings together some 7,000 academics from across Canada. I always find the presentations stimulating. Sometimes I find myself in a session which I think will have little relevance to my interests and then leave with a new idea for my own research. It's a great way to re-imagine the work I do.

Yesterday, the Governor General was at Congress. It's great to see the support this former president of the University of Waterloo has given to scholarship in Canada.

So, now that I'm on my way home (in Vancouver) right now, I have lots of new ideas and commitment to my scholarship!

No comments: