About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

CBC report: How a Wilfrid Laurier University connection to Haiti is helping locals rebuild post-hurricane

Earlier this week, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) did a story on our capacity-building work in Haiti. The focus of the story is on Samy Charles, who I have written about before, and the efforts that he and others at his university (where he is studying medicine) have made in meeting the needs of people post Hurricane Matthew.

You can read the story by clicking here.

An audio interview with the two of us was played on CBC and I will post it in a future blog.


No comments: