About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Connecting Buffalo and South Korea

Here's another example of how students (university in this case) are making glocal connections.  I've been thinking of ways we can incorporate some micro-credit ideas into my work in Haiti and this article speaks to this as well.  The work I have been doing around using digital technologies to develop educational leadership capacity in Haiti requires financial support from the north (the university and private donors to this point). We need to be able to make this work sustainable and that will require helping Haitian school leaders to find ways to support the training.  If you have creative ideas of ways that we could use micro-credit concepts to support Haitian educational leaders in this way, please let me know (ssider@wlu.ca)!

Click on the link below to read the article:


Buffalo and South Korea

No comments: