About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Our first glocal meeting @ WLU

Today, I met with Laurier teacher candidates who are interested in raising awareness and funds to support glocal education.  It was encouraging to have over 20 students there!  They provided some amazing ideas of things we might be able to do this year.  We're going to have our next meeting at the aboriginal resource centre here at Laurier and find out more about how teachers can support First Nations students in our classrooms.  It looks like our first event will be the Ride For Refuge on Laurier's Homecoming weekend.  Stay tuned for more details!

No comments: