About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Break time in Belly Beach, Labadie

Karley writing:

I am currently typing this blog while sitting on Belly Beach, a beautiful and private beach that the whole group is enjoying after a long week of working. It's been a great week of teaching English classes, but now we get to enjoy the scenic and relaxing part of Haiti! We took a long car ride around the mountain, and stopped at  some small ferry boats. From there we took one ferry boat for about a 5 minute ride, all the way to Belly Beach. We've ordered a lobster and some drinks, and are passing the time by swimming in the gorgeous Caribbean Sea waters. You can see the mountains in the background and I've even gotten some practice in for a triathlon that I'm going to compete in when I get home. All the girls have been tanning on the beach, while the boys are enjoying the snacks (typical). We will be going to more workshops this afternoon, but for now everyone is enjoying the sun and water! Sarah was given a whole bag of mangos yesterday as a gift from one of her students, and we're opening them up at the moment! It's been nice to sit down and relax for the first time in a while!

Pictures will be posted later!

No comments: