About Me

My photo
I have been an elementary and secondary school teacher and administrator. Currently, I am a faculty member in the Faculty of Education at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My M.Ed. and Ph.D. had a focus on the educational and linguistic experiences of children who moved from other countries to Canada.

Friday, May 17, 2013

English as a Foreign Language classes come to a close

Today was the final day of our EFL program. What a week it has been! We had about 60 students participate in the classes. It was great to be able to recognize all of them today with a certificate of accomplishment. Many of the students did not want to leave and kept taking pictures and talking to our Laurier team members.

I have been incredibly proud of our group. Despite the HOT classrooms (and some upset stomachs) they each persevered and kept the students as their focus. I feel honoured to have been part of this group and they certainly represented themselves, our university, and Canada extremely well.

We are still having very slow Internet connections so we'll try and get some pictures posted tomorrow.

No comments: